Yeah, that's what I thought too!  I'm passing the parameter via:

                <s:url id="url" action="%{actionClass}_show">
                    <s:param name="model.parentId" value="id"/>
                </s:url>

and the tag <s:property value="#request.model.parentId" /> outputs the
number to the top of the page just fine.  In fact, if I use
#parameters.model.parentId I get nothing.  The problem is that I don't get
anything from the tag once inside the iterator.