Dave Newton wrote:
--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Yeah, that's what I thought too!  I'm passing the parameter via:

                <s:url id="url" action="%{actionClass}_show">
                    <s:param name="model.parentId" value="id"/>
                </s:url>

and the tag <s:property value="#request.model.parentId" /> outputs the
number to the top of the page just fine.

Do you have a "model" property in your action?

In fact, if I use #parameters.model.parentId I get nothing.

If I use a parameter named "foo", set to "bar", I can't dupe this issue.

If I include a "." operator then I'd suspect breakage as OGNL will attempt to
call "getParentId()" on an object called "model". These are expressions, not
simple, unparsed strings.

Yeah, the period seems likely to be the issue, though I'm not sure why the expression would work in one context but not another in the same page. I would suggest two experiments:

1, per Dave, try renaming the parameter to something w/out a period in it.

2, if that works then try playing with the OGNL expression; something like #parameters['model.parentId'] may work (haven't tried that tho').

L.