I'm jumping into this thread late, so I apologize if I'm way off-base.
But, is there a reason why you aren't using a front-slash in your
namespace names? Although the docs don't explicitly say it is required,
a leading / seems to show up in each example in the docs.

http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/namespace-configuration.html

I would try -
  <s:url id="testUrlId" namespace="/secondary" action="test"/>
  <s:a href="%{testUrlId}">execute test action</s:a>