Hi,

I have an offtopic question :-)
We have  an intranet portal with a menu where you can start different
applications. The applications run on different containers (e.g. tomcat,
websphere) on different servers.
The portal has a html frameset with two frames. The topframe is for the
portal menu and the other contains the started application.

I'm currently thinking about replacing the frameset with an i-frame to have
more possiblity to show information from the portal in the application frame
area (e.g. with layered divs).

But we are not so happy with this frame aproaches in general. But we don't
know how to integrate the different (indepentend) applications transparent
to the users without frames.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance :-)

Best Regards,