Hi Antonio,

Thanks for the response. My answers are inline.

- Anup

-----Original Message-----
From: Antonio Petrelli [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 11:56 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Question on usage of EL in tiles:put name attribute

2008/2/14, Anup Chatterjee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> The above code in JSP doesn't work saying that the attribute I'm
passing
> in the put is not found in the child tile's context.

Are you sure that you put every attributes present in your template
page?

[Anup] Yes!

> Question is - the JSR spec says EL can be used on tag attributes but
the
> tag put's name attribute doesn't seem to allow this, unless I'm
missing
> something.

If it is a bug, it won't be fixed in Struts-Tiles. My suggestion is to
try
it with Tiles 2:
http://tiles.apache.org/
If it does not work, file a bug in Tiles (2).

[Anup] Will try your suggestion with Tiles 2, but I think I'm missing
something while I'm trying to pass the name and it isn't a bug.

> Can you suggest a workaround or details on what I'm missing above?

You could use the <tiles:putList> tag.

[Anup] The final child tile is expecting non list elements in my case, I
don't think I can use putList.

Ciao
Antonio