hi,

The answers were a real help. I could get the things to things working...

now when i use: fruits Val :${fruitsId.value} this displays: fruits Val
:[apple, banana, orange]

but when i use: ${fruitsId.value.size()} its giving compile time
errors:tAttributes.jsp(98,16) The function size must be used with a prefix
when a default namespace is not specified. I need to get 3 so how should i
form the expression?

i basically need to use this in < td colspan="{...}" > ... is there any
alternative ways of handling this? any ideas pl: help

ravi

Laurie Harper wrote:

>  > fruits KEY <s:property value="#fruitsId.key" />
>
> Gets the key from the map entry and displays it; OK here.
>
>  > fruits Val <s:text name="%{fruitsStat.value}" />
>
> Gets the 'value' property of the iterator status object and uses that as
> a lookup key in the application's message resources. Umm... First, I'm
> not sure if the iterator status object has a value property, but
> wouldn't you want the value from the map entry? And second, do you have
> the message properties set up?
>
> That should probably be
>
>      fruits Val <s:text name="%{fruitsId.value}" />
>
> and, for sanity checing (in case your message resources aren't set up
> correctly) you should start with just
>
>      fruits Val <s:property value="%{fruitsId.value}" />
>
> L.
>
> Ravichandra C wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying this way:
>>

>>      <s:iterator id="fruitsId" status="fruitsStat"
>> value="fruitscolourandInfo" >
>>                      fruits KEY <s:property value="#fruitsId.key" />
>> <colour/>
>>                      fruits Val <s:text name="%{fruitsStat.value}" />
>> <colour/>
>>              <s:iterator id="colourId" status="colourStatus"
>> value="fruitsId.value" >
>>                      colour <s:text name="%{top.value}" /> <colour/>
>>              </s:iterator>
>>      </s:iterator>
>>
>> The issue is that:
>> Fruits key: is being displayed fine
>> Fruits Val: nothing is being dislayed; infact when I tried similarly
>> with fruits KEY even that is not being displayed. Any ideas how to get
>> this working.. (in fact I need to get the results in textboxes next)
>>
>> Any help?
>> Ravi

>>> (2). HashMap<String, HashSet<String>> fruitsColourMap = new HashMap();