Hmm...this is a guess, but there's a relevant issue in IE's innerHTML implementation. Dojo uses this to insert the response into the page. This particular issue is that tables must be xhtml-compliant. Specifically, they must contain all the required tags including <thead> and <tbody>. Try adding those tags to your response. IE definitely does not permit you to insert (most) invalid HTML into the page.

If not successful, IE is hopeless at debugging this, so simplify the pages (the one making the request and the result) to isolate the cause.

Good luck!

PS.
All your calls like this:

<s:property value="getModuleName()"/>

can be replaced with this:

<s:property value="moduleName"/>

as it's a javabean-compliant property name (what have works too but is not the convention)

carmi_cd wrote:
hi, yes my submit reached my action because the record is saved/updated in
the database.
yes the list is the response from the action.
the list is refreshing in Firefox but not in IE..here is part of list.jsp

                        <s:iterator id="users" value="getUsersList()">
                                    <s:checkbox name="selectedGroup"
fieldValue="%{getUserId()}%{nextCell.label}" theme="simple" />
                                    <s:url id="list"
value="UserMgt_input.action?userid=%{getUserId()}&task=edit"/>
<s:a theme="ajax" href="%{list}" targets="module"
                                         errorText="Unable to load list.">
                                        <s:property value="getLastName()"/>
, <s:property value="getFirstName()"/> <s:property value="getMiddleName()"/>
                                    </s:a>
                                    <s:property value="getUserName()"/>
                                    <s:iterator id="modules"
value="getModules()">
                                        <s:property
value="getModuleName()"/> , </s:iterator>
</s:iterator>
i'm using Struts 2.0.5. The theme being use is ajax. I hope I've given you
enough information, if not, dont hesitate to ask, i'm really new in Struts, I need help. Thanks
again.

Jeromy Evans - Blue Sky Minds wrote:

Setting showLoadingText="false" itself shouldn't affect this.

Is the submit reaching your action?
Is the list that's refreshed the response from the action? Or is the refresh via a topic? Or refresh by some other means?
Does your response contain any inline javascript? Or dojo widgets/ajax
tags?

The only other thing that frequently doesn't work is including inline javascript in the responses and expecting theme to execute at a particular time.
Which version of struts are you using btw?

regards,
 Jeromy Evans