Hiya,

I'm quite new to struts 2. I'm trying to write a jsp page for an action
which iterates through a list of 'note' object and passing each of the
'note' object into another model-driven action (NoteAction) which renders
the information for the note passed in.

Now I have a method in NoteAction called setNote(Note value) which sets the
note field to the value. I also have getModel which returns a new note
object if it's null. I however keep encountering the following error:
ERROR [com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ParametersInterceptor] -
ParametersInterceptor - [setParameters]: Unexpected Exception caught setting
'note' on 'class <blah.blah>.NoteAction: Error setting expression 'note'
with value '[<BlahObject... blag... >]'

Below is my interator loop bits:

<s:iterator value="notes" status="recordStat">
                <s:action name="iml_row" namespace="/emergency_iml"
executeResult="true" ignoreContextParams="true">
                    <s:param name="note" value="[0]"/>
                    <s:if test="#recordStat.odd">
                        <s:param name="bgcolor">silver</s:param>
                    </s:if>
                </s:action>
            </s:iterator>

Now tell me can I actually put an object in the action param that's from a
iterator? Or does it only work with strings or whatever standard type
converter stuff struts uses? Do I have to write a custom type converter for
it to work?

I hope it makes sense :/

thanks,
CrappyCrumpet