I tried what you suggested, I placed an empty div but I got the same result,
still undefined with IE. I looked at the debug output and it parses the
proper javascript code just that it doesn't execute. The debug output is
practically the same between firefox and IE.

I'll try reserching in the Dojo 0.4 wiki and mailing list as you suggested.

Thanks!