Dave Newton wrote:
--- Chris Pratt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Is it possible to place the data for the list attribute of an
<s:select> tag in a resource bundle (so that it can be
internationalized)?  I have tried adding the data to my
application.properties file:

gender.map='FEMALE':'Female','MALE':'Male'

Then referencing it in the JSP as:

<s:select name="gender" id="gender" list="#{(getText('gender.map'))}"/>

You could try something like #{%{getText...}} but I suspect that wouldn't
work.

You might also try creating it with a specific map type:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]@{ getText... }

and see if that affects statement parsing. I suspect that won't work either,
though.

You could also do the work in the action, converting the text values into a
real list/map.

Dave

Interesting little problem... so you want to call a method, get the string result and have OGNL evaluate that string as if it were a Map. Sounds plausible, but I don't like your chances. I throw a breakpoint in ListUIBean to see what object you're getting from OGNL.

My guess is based on Dave's second one:

<s:select name="gender" id="gender" list="[EMAIL
PROTECTED]@{(getText('gender.map'))}"/>

parenthesis to ensure getText is evaluated first (should be anyway)
Then construct a map [1] using the string as the parameter

[1] http://www.ognl.org/2.6.9/Documentation/html/LanguageGuide/collectionConstruction.html#mapConstruction