On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 5:37 PM, Martin Gainty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> construct a public Map in your Action class and insert the key,value
>  pairings e.g.
>     public Map getDefaultFavouriteCartoonCharacters() {
>         Map m = new LinkedHashMap();
>         m.put("heMan", "He-Man");
>         m.put("popeye", "Popeye");
>         m.put("mockeyMouse", "Mickey Mouse");
>         return m;
>     }
>
>  and reference the public Map via list attribute in your jsp
>   <s:select
>         list="defaultFavouriteCartoonCharacters"
>   />
>
>  or just use a set of hardcoded values in key:value pairings for the list
>  attribute
>   <s:select
>         list="#{'heMan':'He-Man', 'popeye':'Popeye', [...]}"
>  ..
>  />
>
>  Martin

We could define them on the actions, but since we use lists like the
list of States and Provinces, Gender List and a bunch of others all
over the place, I didn't want to have to define them everywhere.

So we created a BaseAction that defines all those lists, but now that
list is growing and theres a bunch of useless methods on every action.
 I was looking for something more dynamic, and I was hoping the
<sarcasm>great and powerful OGNL</sarcasm> could help out.

I guess I'll try to write a static utility method that I can call with
the @ syntax to return a map of data and see how that flies.  Thanks
for the input.
  (*Chris*)