--- meeboo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> won't work with a wildcard parameter mapping Dave
>
> <action name="update/modelObject/*"
>         class="net.myapp.web.ModelObjectActions"
>         method="update">

Your first post didn't have a wildcard mapping.

> The parameter simply isn't parsed in the prepare method unless it's in the
> form of update/modelObject.action?id=22

Do you mean parsed by the parameter interceptor?

> this is what I'm currently doing
> update/modelObject/22.action
>
> The parameter is parsed in the update method, but not in the prepare method

Are you using the standard action mapper? Any plugins?

The mapping you posted in your follow-up message did not come through
properly; please make sure you're sending plain-text messages. This is what I
saw:

> <action name="update/user/*"
>                       class="net.myapp.web.UserActions">
>      <interceptor-ref name="paramsPrepareParamsStack"/>
>      {1}
>      <result>/models/user/update.jsp</result>
> </action>

I don't really know what you're trying to do or how you're going about trying
to do it.

Dave