Which server are you running the application in? Are you sure you have
checked all the log files for the server? And are you sure you're
editing the struts.xml that is actually picked up at run time? I've
had some problems earlier with Eclipse not synchronizing resources
properly to the correct output build folder. If that's the case, a
"project clean" usually helps. And configuring log4j properly would
probably help giving some meaningful information messages.

Nils-H