I am trying to perform client side validation on a struts checkboxlist tag
but nothing I try seems to work.  ANy ideas? I do not want to submit the
form and do a validation method in the action bean because obviously it
would be ridiculous to post back to the server just to check that there is
at least one checkbox selected....

This is what I have:

<s:checkboxlist  label="Assigned Roles"  title="Assigned Roles"
                         name="selectedRoles"
                         value="selectedRoles"
                         listValue="value"
                         listKey="id"
                         list="roleList"
                         required="true"/>

<!DOCTYPE validators PUBLIC
        "-//OpenSymphony Group//XWork Validator 1.0.2//EN"
        "http://www.opensymphony.com/xwork/xwork-validator-1.0.2.dtd";>

<validators>
        <field name="selectedRoles">
        <field-validator type="required">
                   <message>You must select at least one role for this
user</message>
        </field-validator>
    </field>
</validators>