I would, but it seems to me like there is little that can be done on the Struts2 side (unless a plugin of some sort is written). Essentially, when control is forwarded to the tile, Spring security can not do much (or maybe I'm missing something).

The Spring Security team is well aware of (as far as forwards), that resources are not secured on forwards (which sucks, really, unless I'm doing something terribly wrong).

I'll see if I can create a subset of my current app describing the problem. Probably would post a war file? Is that what you meant?