I had to put those efforts on the side as it was in a prototype and proof of concept phase. However, I have just began (today) to officially make serious effort into making it work (if at all possible) for our project. I should have a better answer by the end of the day... but any feedback would be much appreciated...

JerryK wrote:
I was able to get this working with Acegi, by setting the Dispatcher property
in web.xml
    <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
        <dispatcher>REQUEST</dispatcher>
        <dispatcher>INCLUDE</dispatcher>
        <dispatcher>FORWARD</dispatcher>
        </filter-mapping>

But, now when i try this with Spring Security 2.0.1, i am facing the same
problem as you have described here. Have you found any solution so far?

Alberto A. Flores wrote:
Folks,

My understanding is that Spring Security does not secure resources on *forwards* (I believe tiles2 do forward/chaining). In an application using Struts2, Spring and Tiles2, these forwards work just fine. Has anyone had success using these three frameworks together using Spring Security? I tried it today and It turned out that the security tag (http://www.springframework/security/tags/):

   <security:authorization property="principal.username"/>

never fetches anything. Furthermore, the code:

   SecurityContextHolder.getContext().getAuthentication()

returns null (in the forwarded jsp page). Has anyone know what to do in this case? I'm beginning to think I can not use Spring Security at all.

Regards,

--

Alberto A. Flores
http://www.linkedin.com/in/aflores