Hi

the topic is very interesting.

For me the View can be :

* HTML description of the view where the browser interpret HTML to displauy
UI.
* XML content, JSON content...and with Ajax we can update the UI or do
another thing.

I have read the tutorial http://javaboutique.internet.com/tutorials/Swing/
and I understnd that View is used as data and not to generate Swing UI.

So my question is what do yout manage :

1. The server returns HTML content and Swing interface is generated?
2. The server some content (XML, JSON....) and you use this content to
populate UI but the Swing UI is built at hand?

If you are interested with first point, perhaps you should be interested
with my TK-UI project <http://tk-ui.sourceforge.net/> where you can describe
you UI with XHTML and XUL (or anther XML markup) and render it into Swing
and SWT.

My project is not finished but I start to manage XHTML basic description
like XHTML element like input, XHTML Table, XUL widgets (textboxn
listbox...)

If you are interseted don't hesitate to contact me, we could think about
Swing (or SWT) View with Struts2.

Regards Angelo