Tuesday, July 15, 2008 4:52 PM, Dave Newton wrote:

> It's the default implementation of a method designed for form
> input; validation is skipped by default.

> When you have an action implementing Prepareable it's a
> convenience, before annotation-based configuration you'd
> configure two action mappings--the initial form display
> would use the input() method, submission would use execute().

Thanks for the quick response Dave!

So, before annotation-based configuration, you'd setup action chaining
to have it go from the input() method to the execute() method?

Has that style now been replaced with Validateable's validate() method
and the DefaultWorkflowInterceptor?

Even then, I guess I still don't understand why it is a method on
ActionSupport, if it was just a convention.

Brad Cupit
Louisiana State University - UIS