> No, you'd go to form display via input(), and submit to
> execute().

Oh that makes perfect sense! Got it now.

> the input() method always skipped validation

That makes sense too. The input method is listed in struts-default.xml
as an excludeMethod for the validation interceptor.

>> Even then, I guess I still don't understand why it is a
>> method on ActionSupport, if it was just a convention.

> So we didn't have to write our own if it didn't do
> anything particularly special

Ah! Got it. I completely understand now.

Thank you very much for your enlightening response Dave!

Brad Cupit
Louisiana State University - UIS