Thanks Evans,

In IE, instead of loading text it shows [object error]. But it redirects to
a new page.

In Firefox, neither showing loading text nor object error. It redirects to a
new page.

<s:submit  theme="ajax" value="Activate" id="activate"
showLoadingText="false" targets="targetid"
onclick="javascript:activatePartnerSubscriber();"  />

script
------

        function activatePartnerSubscriber() {

                subCount =      document.getElementById('subCount').value;

                var count = selectedCheckBoxCount();
                if (count >= 1) {

                        document.getElementById('SubscriberForm').action
='/myproj/activate.action';

                        document.getElementById('SubscriberForm').submit();
                } else {
                        alert("Please select atleast one Subscriber");

I am unable to find where the ajax request is missing. Please Give some
ideas to proceed.

with hope,
Ashok