From: James Neff [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2008 4:42 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Action as Welcome File

Felipe Lorenz wrote:
> Hi..
>
> Did you try change in web.xml file? Change from index.jsp to
> your_action.action!! i dont know if it work...
>
> Felipe.
>
> On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 7:24 AM, Roger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>> Sorry, I know that I've read about this here before, but I can't find the
>> thread. Can someone point me to how to configure an action as the
"welcome"
>> file?
>>
>> Regards

I would like to know if there is a better way to do this.

In my web.xml I have:

<welcome-file-list>
        <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
    </welcome-file-list>

and in index.jsp I have:

     <%
        String redirectURL =
"http://localhost:8080/myproject/MyAction.action";;
        response.sendRedirect(redirectURL);
    %>

Seems like a hack to me, but gets the job done.  Is there a more elegant
way?

--James