--- On Thu, 8/21/08, cpanon wrote:
> What is the best way to return simple text/html [...]

Isn't that what a JSP result returns in the first place?

> [...] or an xml document from an action?

All you really need to do is set the response header. You can do it manually in
a JSP file, or do it in the action (tying you to the servlet spec, so in this
case I personally prefer using scriptlets).

If you use a FreeMarker result you can set the content type via result
configuration.

Dave