Frans Thamura wrote:
On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 10:21 PM, Dave Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
--- On Mon, 8/25/08, Frans Thamura wrote:
my concept is like programmer factory
Oh. That sounds depressing.

i make this program because several reason, <snip>

Your motiviation is great. You seem to worry too much about whether this technology is the "right" technology. I think that doesn't matter; S2 is pretty good and pretty easy to learn so it seems a good place to start with Java. If, in the worst case, all interest in S2 disappears in a year or two, the skills obtained are still relevant to any other request-oriented Java framework. I'd also go so far as to so that by learning a request oriented framework rather than a component-oriented one they will have a better understanding of the fundamentals. I have met many ASP.net developers that have no idea whatsoever what a "postback" is and can't differentiate between client-side and server-side handling which is a concern to me but fine for people that need to output a quick short-lived website. Your training program should try to introduce them to all methodologies and the benefits of each; it's all good and all positive. Prepare your program for the possibility that technology trends change; make that a core strength of your program (developing their skills to be good programmers and adapt to the changes).