So what do you suppose is the special missing sauce?  I see Spring inject my
service bean into the action but not the model!  Very strange indeed.
Public setter method, bean wiring by autodetect... really has me scratching
my head.  Also, what's with the ModelDriven refreshModelBeforeResult?  I
haven't seen that one before!  Don't see it in the
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/model-driven-interceptor.html guide   Is
this a guide/version deal?

Scott