very good dave..

assuming your log4j configuration has a FILELOG appender

    <appender name="FILELOG" class="org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender">

//Logger extends Category so use getAppender to get the Apender object
Appender appender=log.getAppender("FILELOG");
//finally to get the actual name of the log
String NameOfLogFile=appender.fileName;

Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official business
of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature and Sender does not
endorse distribution to any party other than intended recipient. Sender does
not necessarily endorse content contained within this transmission.