I had encountered similar problem a while back in Webwork.I believe its
OGNL's problem as well. However, in most of my other projects using WebWork,
I had no performance problem. I believe it has something to do with some jar
files included in the project. I have not got a chance to find out which jar
is having conflict with OGNL. I do not believe OGNL is anything bad to be
included with Struts2, it's great, but maybe there is just some conflicts
with other programs. To solve it, I simply used JSTL tags just like kilroy.