Wes Obama --

You will make a fine Struts Czar once your publication is released.  Please
consider me for a cabinet position --  Newton can be my driver.

Peace,
Scott

Struts 1 is well-supported, and saw a new release just about a month
ago. So, it is supported and maintained. Struts 2 is a rewritten "next
generation" of Struts. If you are looking to get an existing project
up-to-date, just grab the latest Struts 1 release (if memory serves, it
is 1.3.10). If you are looking to move into a build an app from scratch,
and want to use a modern framework (yet quite a bit different from
Struts 1), then look at Struts 2.

If you are considering the differences between the two, there is also a
good set of migration docs available here -

http://struts.apache.org/2.0.14/docs/migration-guide.html

There is also a Struts 1 / Struts 2 plugin, but depending on your
reasons for upgrading, I'm not sure that this is the route you want to
take.

-Wes