I figured out #1 - my IndexAction hadn't declared a @Namespace("/")
annotation.  In conjunction with struts.convention.redirect.to.slash
set to true it was getting invoked on every request for a missing
action.  Kind of a neat side effect actually that might be useful some
day.. :-).

I'm going to go ahead and assume that #2 is also something I screwed
up myself, but I'll certainly post an issue into JIRA if I can create
a small reproducible test case for this behavior.

Thanks!
Allen

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 3:46 PM, Musachy Barroso <musa...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> 1) how does the conventions plugin handle missing actions or 404s?
>> Previously I'd configured an <error-page> 404 handler in my web.xml
>> that seemed to work well, but now any invalid / missing URL goes back
>> to the IndexAction I configured to handle requests for /).
>>

> Not sure why errors are redirected to "/". They shouldn't, there is
> got to be some config somewhere making it do this, you can share more
> details on your config.
>
>> 2) For some reason type conversion is no longer being performed on
>> some of my domain models.  As an example I have a LongitudeLatitudeBox
>> that has Doubles for the longitude/latitude pairs, but OGNL is now
>> complaining that LongitudeLatitudeBox doesn't have setters that take
>> Strings.  Any ideas on why this might happen after switching to the
>> Conventions plugin?
>>

> I am lost on this one also, please give us more details, or open a jira
> ticket.
>
>> 3) Minor nitpick on http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/annotations.html
>> has "InterfectorRefs" instead of "InterceptorRefs".
>
> Dave took care of it.
>
> musachy

Allen Lee
Center for the Study of Institutional Diversity [http://csid.asu.edu]
School of Human Evolution and Social Change [http://shesc.asu.edu]
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Arizona State University | P.O. Box 872402 | Tempe, Arizona 85287-2402
Office: 480.727.0401 | Fax: 480.965.7671