Hi all,

Cheers for the suggestions - I guess I was just looking for a sanity check from the list.

My current method (almost exactly the same as below) is to check a choice form field for null in the validateXXX() method - this is the case when you call the action without POST from a form. If null, I can return INPUT from the validation method (which, interestingly enough, lets me set the return type as String, and have it honoured as a valid result - I thought void was the only valid validateXXX result type). The input result kicks the user to the form they should've used. Job done.

I'm not using XML or annotation validators - 95% of my validation is more complex than those allow.

The reasoning behind wanting to do this is my users are somewhat curious, and are prone to poking. I'd prefer for them to not see blank pages, stack traces, or otherwise!

Andy.