On Saturday 24 January 2009 20:17:49 Andy Sykes wrote:
> Actually, having an interceptor makes some sense in this case.
>
> How can interceptors "short circuit" the stack and action to return a
> result code? The ideal situation here would be that the "protector"
> interceptor is above the validation interceptor, checks for the form
> token, and chucks an error result code, protecting the validators from
> null parameters and so on.

Well, the invoke method returns a string indicating which result to dispatch
to. Take a look at a few of the other interceptors to see. For instance, if
validation fails, the validation interceptor returns "input".

> I can't see anything in the documentation about achieving this - the
> ActionInvocation javadoc suggests that
> ActionInvocation.setResultCode() will not short-circuit the stack, and
> that the action's own result code will override the interceptor-set
> result.

When an interceptor calls invocation.invoke() it either moves to the next
interceptor, or calls the method, depending on where it is in the stack. It
fairly intuitive.

--

Wes Wannemacher
Author - Struts 2 In Practice