Hi.

I worked with a struts 1.2.x project and start to learn and use Spring in my
project and I really like it.  Here are a few examples,

*  Spring is quite module and non-intrusive.  I put a listener in the
web.xml and got the webAppliationContext in struts action and I can use it
immediately.  No need for overhaul of the whole system.

*  Spring's container enable me to switch off from my home-built singleton
which is certainly less flexible.

*  I am using Spring's JDBC, it is probably as long as your example in basic
java book example of plain JDBC.  But it is far shorter when you include all
safety things like the statement close, connection close, sql  exception
handling which are often quite verbose and just simple repitition because
Spring's simple jdbc template pretty much take care of all these
automatically.

*  The Transaction control is simply far easier.  Period.

By all means, spring's DI means quite some change of the mind.  And nice
thing about Spring is that it can be used by a module or by the whole
framework.  I would strongly suggest you be a bit more patient.  And maybe
read couple of other books.

Sincerely
Zhu, Guojun