On Tuesday 03 February 2009 14:54:55 SanJ.SANJAY wrote:
> Has anyone faced this issue with Sample application??
>
> SanJ.SANJAY wrote:
> > Has anyone here tried and tested the Sample Application code that comes
> > for this book "Struts 2 In Action" ?
> > I am having hard time to fix it. Currently I am facing the issues in
> > applicationContext.xml file.

I have the following in my applicationContext.xml on the top -

<beans xmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans";
        xmlns:tx="http://www.springframework.org/schema/tx";
    http://www.springframework.org/schema/tx
    http://www.springframework.org/schema/tx/spring-tx-2.0.xsd";>

It is available as an example app for my work-in-progress... You can browse
the code here -

http://code.google.com/p/struts2inpractice/source/browse/#svn/trunk/ch04ex01

(it is the ch04ex01 example app).

I don't get any parse errors. I vaguely remember issues parsing XML in tomcat
because some versions come with an XML parser in the common lib directory (I
think the windows version comes with it) and other versions do not. I could be
wrong here, my memory is getting sketchy in my old age, and I'm not convinced
this is your problem.

-Wes

--

Wes Wannemacher