On Monday 16 February 2009 13:47:50 Sundararaman, Anand wrote:
> The validation is fine as it works when I scope my actions as singleton in
> the applicationContext.xml. Problem happens only when I scope them as
> prototype.
>
> When you say that Struts will try to use Spring to create all framework
> objects, is it possible to configure such a way that the action classes are
> instantiated by Struts but later they are autowired to Spring service
> beans. If possible can you direct me on how to configure that way?

There is a Spring autowiring interceptor that will autowire services into your
actions for you, even if you don't use Spring to instantiate the actions. It
is pretty slick. I use it with the convention plugin, I set the autowiring to
"by name" and then let convention configure the actions/dispatches and then
get magically wired with services. This cuts down the Spring XML quite a bit
since I only have the beans configured and Struts configuration is nearly nil.

-Wes

--

Wes Wannemacher
Author - Struts 2 In Practice