From: Dale Newfield [mailto:d...@newfield.org]
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 7:08 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Struts2-Spring Integration Issue

Wes Wannemacher wrote:
> I jumped into the thread late and didn't see your original problems. I tend
> peruse for things I can help on, so I'm not sure if I have an answer for your
> original problem :(

I wasn't the original poster.  I don't think I ever saw the original
message, so let's hope that that person has resolved his or her issue.
:-)  If not, please remind us of what it was!  (I'm like you--I don't
have time to read the full list these days, so I look for messages with
subject lines on which I might be able to offer advice--in this case I
took an interest in a thread for selfish reasons rather than helpful ones.)

> Although, there are a few considerations for interceptors and their
> dependencies (as opposed to actions), especially when dealing with databases.
> Mainly, an interceptor is a singleton, so, if you are grabbing a resource via
> spring, and that resource depends on a database resource, could a pool or
> something be re-claiming it after excessive idle time?

Those are good suggestions--when I do get time to re-focus on this
problem I'll investigate that angle -- it may well be something like that.

Thanks,
-Dale