If I do that, then there will be two lines as such in the properties file:

com.rjssoft.webdocs.setting.SettingList=com.rjssoft.webdocs.setting.Setting
com.rjssoft.webdocs.setting.SettingList=com.rjssoft.webdocs.converter.SettingListConverter

How will it know the difference? I followed the documentation where it said
to use () instead of [] which was apparently wrong, now putting
com.rjssoft.webdocs.setting.SettingList=com.rjssoft.webdocs.setting.Setting
instead of Element_settings like the examples...neither way works and this
is getting frustrating. :(

Making this change (with or without the second line) simply causes
exceptions to be thrown setting each of the 3 attributes:

ERROR com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.InstantiatingNullHandler  - Could not
create and/or set value back on to object
ognl.OgnlException: settings [java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: argument
type mismatch]

ERROR com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ParametersInterceptor  -
ParametersInterceptor - [setParameters]: Unexpected Exception caught setting
'settings[0].title' on 'class com.rjssoft.webdocs.admin.SettingAction: Error
setting expression 'settings[0].title' with value
'[Ljava.lang.String;@13acc52'

Ryan