Okay, I'm officially very confused as to what should and shouldn't be used
since apparently the documentation example is not correct.

Let me level set with what each of my files contains again:

[xwork-conversion.properties]
Element_settings=com.rjssoft.webdocs.setting.Setting

According to the documentation, this tells the settings element that it is
supposed to contain Setting objects which is true and needs to be in the
conversion properties.

[Setting.java]
See this link for the code: http://pastie.org/419187

[SettingList.java]
See this link for the code: http://pastie.org/419190

SettingLists are simple ArrayLists containing Setting beans.

[SettingAction.java]
See this link for the code: http://pastie.org/419191

The relevant section is where we go from the view.jsp, submit the form which
then tries to call the update() method of SettingAction...it never gets
there because it throws the exceptions noted in previous emails.

[view.jsp]
See this link for the relevant code: http://pastie.org/419192

What am I missing that isn't in the documentation or is incorrect?

Ryan