Yeah, as it turns out, this was the culprit.  Jetty 6.x had issues with the
conditionality where TC 6.x did not.

        <s:if test="%{        #blog.content != 'NoPost'         }">
        <ul>
            <li>
            <a >
                <s:action var="blog" name="blog-menu1"/>
                <s:property value="#blog.content" escape="false"/>
            </a>

        </s:if>
                <ul>
                <c:forEach var="i" begin="0" end="3">

                        <c:if test="${blogArray[i] != 'NoPost'}">
                            <li>
                                <c:set var="murl"
value="/child/displayTileFullWidth-m1i${i+1}"/>
                                    <c:out value="${blogArray[i]}"
escapeXml="false"/>
                                </a>
                            </li>