Hi!

The PortletStateInterceptor does nothing special with the Session. It
certainly does not invalidate it or remove stuff that's already there.
The debug statement that you see is an indication that the portlet has
been executed in the event phase, and the result has been properly
configured with a redirectAction result. As a matter of fact, that log
statement indicates that the interceptor is bypassing it's normal
executing and does essentially nothing.

Is this something you can reproduce consistently? In that case, do you
have a sample that you could attach to a JIRA issue? Without more
information, it's impossible to say what the problem could be (besides
a regular session timeout or something...)

Nils-H