http://displaytag.sourceforge.net/1.2/tut_externalSortAndPage.html

It pays to really spend some time looking over existing documentation; it's often quicker than waiting for someone on a list or forum to answer.

Dave

Bhaarat Sharma wrote:
jim,

I found this example

http://displaytag.homeip.net/displaytag-examples-1.2/example-paging.jsp?d-49653-p=1

it says "Ok, you have made a query that returns you back a list of 120
elements, but you don't want to show the user all 120 items at once, you
want to allow them to page through the results (pretend 120 is really 1200
or 12000)."

they are iterating through a long 12000 record list and then just putting
that into pages.  What I was looking for was something that would show 50
results of 12000 on first page then when NEXT is cliked, it against goes to
DB to get next 50 records.