On Thursday 16 July 2009 04:20:05 pm Nathan Schulte wrote:
> Nils-Helge Garli Hegvik <nilsga <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > The short answer - You have to do the lookup yourself.
> >
> :/
> :
> > The long answer - There's a similar discussion going on that pretty
> > much covers the topic:
> > http://www.nabble.com/Struts2-Action-Class-and-EJB-Injection-td24497801.h
> >tml
>
> Yes, I'm familiar with this issue.  I guess, in order to resolve it in an
> Interceptor as opposed to an Action (the method of using an Interceptor and
> reflection to do the injection), one would have to do the same for the
> Interceptors...
>
> Oh well, you can't win all of the time.
>
> Thanks for the speedy reply!

Seems to me that my idea to create an ObjectFactory based plugin (rather than
the existing interceptor-based plugins) needs to pick up some steam. I only
have one question for the EJB users out there... Do you guys need Spring
integration as well? Currently, the spring plugin is the only plugin (I know
of) that is based on a replacement ObjectFactory. If you don't need Spring, I
could probably put one together pretty quick. If you need Spring, it would
take a little longer, or it could be a separate plugin...

-Wes

--
Wes Wannemacher
Author - Struts 2 In Practice