cpanon wrote:
What I was able to reproduce was that if I enter the action with an
Ajax call, using prototype, and return with
mapping.getInputForward(), the session objects do not get updated;
even though I update them in the action.  If, however I enter the
action with a click off a html:submit button the session objects do
get updated and I see the current values on the form.  I never
expected that.  Should processing through an action and the updating
of the session objects, be the same however the action was called?

Why would the form on the main page be updated by the results of an Ajax call if the Ajax call processing doesn't do anything with the form?

Ajax calls happen in the background. *Nothing* on the calling page will be updated unless the Ajax return handler updates it.

Dave