From: Rajeev Sharma <rajeev1...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tue, Sep 1, 2009 9:49 am
Subject: RE: Need to disable session interceptor

I googled this and the struts2 performance tuning page says this "Struts
2 does not create sessions unless asked to (for example, by having the
createSession interceptor in your interceptor stack). Note that when you
use SiteMesh however, a session will always be created"

I am never creating the session in my code directly and AFAIK I am not
using SiteMesh (I don't even know what exactly is this). I have written
code using JSP/Servlet and my knowledge says that unless the session is
created explicitly it wont be created. Is there any interceptor in the
defaultStack which creates it? (is the createSession part or
defaultStack?) or I am doing something wrong.

I opened some pages on my application and found there was one session
created for my browser and others for other clients, So I guess this has
nothing to do with JMeter. Sessions are being created for every client.
I am trying to find out why is the session created when I did not create
the session in my code.

--
Rajeev