On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 5:55 PM, James Carr<james.r.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, I was looking for a way around it... these are simple hash maps
> that are used to display select options. I wound up with an action
> with 5 Maps in it :(

If it were me, this is what I would do.

First,use a Spring object factory in your Struts configuration:
<constant name="struts.objectFactory" value="spring" />

Second, in your action class, implement
org.springframework.context.ApplicationContextAware:
    public void setApplicationContext(ApplicationContext ctx) throws
BeansException {
        this.ctx = ctx;
    }

Third, implement any getters on the action that your view will need
from the context.

Fourth, define your action in the Spring configuration file:
    <bean id="yourAction" scope="prototype" class="your.action.ClassName" >
    </bean>

Fifth, test this to see if my memory is as good as I recall.

And lastly, sorry I have not yet introduced myself, I just joined
because I'm converting one of my applications to Struts 2.

--
cordially,
Marty Milligan PO Box 434, Falling Waters, WV 25419