I guess I sort of misunderstood your problem. Another approach would
be to retrieve the beans in an interceptor and push them onto the
value stack. As long as you give them a name they should be available
from the view. This approach will keep you from changing any of the
action code. If you want to get really tricky you could try to figure
out a declarative way to indicate which beans you want, per action
invocation. I would whip up a quick example but I'm on my phone, maybe
later tonight if no one else steps to the challenge.

On 9/8/09, James Carr <james.r.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, I was looking for a way around it... these are simple hash maps
> that are used to display select options. I wound up with an action
> with 5 Maps in it :(
>
> Thanks,
> James
>
> On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 4:26 PM, Wes Wannemacher<w...@wantii.com> wrote:
>> You could use the @Autowire annotation directly on a property... But I
>> don't really see how that is better than using setter-based injection.
>> Just because the beans are singletons doesn't mean anything special,
>> you still need a reference to them in your struts action.
>>
>> -Wes
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 5:13 PM, James Carr<james.r.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I have several singleton based beans defined in my
>>> applicationContext.xml and I'd like to just use these rather than
>>> being forced to set them on my action. is there any way to accomplish
>>> this?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> James

>> --
>> Wes Wannemacher
>>
>> Head Engineer, WanTii, Inc.
>> Need Training? Struts, Spring, Maven, Tomcat...
>> Ask me for a quote!

Wes Wannemacher

Head Engineer, WanTii, Inc.
Ask me for a quote!