Z,
I'll clarify with a simple example :
The dropdown must be like :

value="2">EnglishType2</option></select> for EN and <option

So, the values 1 and 2 remain constant, only the text changes. Now, i don't
want to maintain 1, 2 separately from its text. My understanding from your
suggestion is to have a list of "Option" objects whose responseKey attribute
wil hold 1, 2 and responseValue attribute is like "key.value1" ,
"key.value2" etc. which is defined in properties file as :
key.value1=EnglishType1
key.value2=EnglishType2 etc.

Let me know if i've understood it correctly.

Thanks,
Joseph

I just want to get a couple things straight:

1. Your state names are in localised properties files
2. The properties files are available to struts2 either via
struts.custom.i18n.resources or convention (read don’t ask)

If you app satisfies these two points then the method I mentioned will work
fine.  If it doesn’t, it’s not that much work to satisfy them.