Hi,

I've just created similar skeleton couple of days ago.

To let Spring generate your Service and DAO beans, you have to specify also
the GenericService and GenericDAO in your applicationContext xml. You (can)
set them as abstract and you have to specify the inheritance relationship
between the PersonDAO and GenericDAO, the same for Service of course.

At least this worked for me...

Regarding your design... I thought that DAO design pattern is here to handle
access to data objects, i.e. CRUD. So I don't see the benefit of the Service
here? Can someone explain this? In my application I don't have any business
logic but CRUD. Is the Service layer needed here or can DAO act as the
Service as well?

And finally I've got one more question, which I believe is related to
this... One thing everyone suggest is to use wildcards in the Struts2
web.xml for CRUD operations. But this reference to many action classes with
the same functionality. My question is, if we remove the duplicity in
web.xml, can't we remove the duplicity in the Java code as well? Can't we
create generic CRUD action as well? (Similar to generic DAO or generic
Service).

Thanks,
Jozef

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 12:47 AM, CRANFORD, CHRIS <chris.cranf...@setech.com