Hi Wild Oscar, thanks for your input.

First, I agree my design needs work with respect to naming conventions and
thank you for the suggestions.  This was more of a very crude example of how I
should be relating components in the Hibernate/Spring/Struts2 design pattern so
I can grasp the concept.  In my Struts1.2 days, we didn't leverage spring nor
hibernate and wrote our own DAO object framework.  While it worked nicely,
Hibernate has far more benefits.

Now taking the example deeper, lets assume that Person is also related to two
other tables in my database.  For example, one table that stores Payroll and
another that stores MenuPermissions.  I would need to create two additional
Entity objects, create their DAO and Service layers and then in all three
entity objects, I would need to annotate the relationship amongst the 3 tables,
correct?

When I finally get to the point where this framework will hit the road is when
I will have 4 or 5 tables in a database, all with relevant information about a
key record or set of records in the main table and I will need to join all
these records together.  In the past we typically created a single record
object for each query we had and while that worked nicely, there were lots of
duplicity that I aim to avoid.

Is this the right path and expectation for hibernate/spring/struts when I have
a join between multiple database tables?

Chris