Patrick J Kobly wrote:
Todd Grigsby wrote:
Other native apps. The Java apps are being migrated from a 32-bit environment (WinXP and Java 32-bit + Struts 1.1), and they worked there. I don't want to point to any one thing, since every part of the equation is a newer version of what was there before, but at this point the only things that can't use the connections are the web apps.
But the web apps are the only things that use Java. You don't have standalone Java apps or Java webapps built on a different framework than Struts... The issue is almost certainly a 32-bit JRE trying to access a 64-bit ODBC driver.

I'll buy that, but I'm confused -- I installed 64-bit Java, and when I open a command prompt and do "java -version", it identifies itself as:

   Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 14.2-b01, mixed mode)

But I'll see if I have anything on my system that is getting loaded that's 32-bit.

Thanks!

TG