I think that for local dev -deployment we can configure tomcat in eclipse
(the same should apply for MyEclipse), by telling the eclipse tomcat home
location in the workspace preference. This would deploy ur app in the tomcat
as context / xml files as u mention in preference.

But for QA, prod or remote deploy, i would suggest you use ant or maven
deploy script. Ant is simplest and could be learnt in few hours :)

Regards,
Girish Naik
Mobile:-+91-09740091638
girish.n...@gmail.com