Thanks for the input. The default scope is Singleton anyway. Also I am not
calling getStartUPService() method in my application. I have deleted this
method. But keeping the scope to singleton and init-method="init". The init
method is called twice. Not able to figure that out.

I know something is messed up. It should not be doing that. But I am not
able to figure that out. I hope you understand my confusion.

Sameer.